Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

16 weeks


Today I am 16 weeks Pregnant and feel pretty good!! Only 24 more weeks to go :) My appetite is FINALLY back! I don't eat a lot in one sitting, but I get hungry very often! I like to eat lots of small snacks all throughout the day, constantly munching :)

The most exciting part about this week is, my baby can hear!!! It is SO exciting to know he or she can hear my and my husbands voices and will come to recognize them :) This morning I sang "You are my Sunshine" and "Climb up Sunshine Mountain" over and over. I heard if they hear songs over and over in the womb, they will recognize and be comforted by them when they are born.

Less than a week til my next appointment, can't wait to hear that little heartbeat again!

I love you my little peanut!
Momma

Here is some more interesting info from www.womenshealthcaretopics.com



How Big is the Baby at 16 Weeks Pregnant?
By pregnancy week 16, your baby is steadily growing. He or she has gained over half an inch in only one week. Your baby is now over 4.5 inches long from crown to rump, and he or she probably weighs close to 3.5 ounces.

Your Baby's Growth and Development
At 16 weeks pregnant, your baby is now able to hold his or her head slightly straighter than before. Your little one's eyes are finally moving into their final position in the front of his or her head. The ears are also moving to their final location on the side of the head.

From this week onward, your baby will be focusing his or her attention on complicated circulatory matters. For example, your little bundle of joy's heart is pumping around 25 quarts of blood every day. That's pretty impressive for someone that's smaller than a grapefruit!

At 16 weeks pregnant, your baby's umbilical cord is firmly attached to his or her belly. The umbilical cord provides vital nutrients to your baby.

Your baby's hair is starting to grow during pregnancy week 16. While you won't be able to tell what hair color your baby will have until after he or she is born, this is still a cool development! And unfortunately, even if your baby is born with a full head of hair, his or her hair may fall out and change colors completely within the first few months of life.

By pregnancy week 16, your baby's legs are starting to gro
w longer than the arms.

1 comments on "16 weeks"

Anonymous said...

That's great news. The morning sickness is probably over. Soon you'll have more time to enjoy pregnancy. Just hold on to your morning sickness treatment in case it recurs on your third trimester.

Post a Comment

 

My Pregnancy Blog Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez