Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

36 weeks! (3-17-11)


Less than a month to go!!! Only 4 weeks...its so hard to believe I was saying down to single digit weeks 5 weeks ago! I am so incredibly excited and ready to be DONE with pregnancy! I know I will miss feeling her move around inside me, which makes me smile so much, but I know it will be ever better to hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet little face!

Yesterday as I was driving to work, it kind of just hit me. "I'm going to have a daughter. I'm going to be a mom." It's such a crazy feeling, scary and exciting at the same time!

My final shower was last Saturday with my dad's family, it was so much fun, all my aunts are so crazy fun and I wish I saw them more! I got lots of nice gifts and I think we have everything we need, for her arrival anyways. Monday night we went to Target and bought the last few things we needed and ordered an extra carseat base and my breast pump online which came in the mail yesterday. I still need to do some of her laundry and pack my hospital bag, but other than that, I'm ready!!



How Big is the Baby at 36 Weeks Pregnant?
By 36 weeks pregnant, your baby is now 5.9 pounds and about 18.6 inches or longer! Your little one will soon enter the ranks of heavyweight champs as you continue your pregnancy week by week and you approach delivery!

Your Baby's Growth and Development
Your baby is still working on putting on weight during pregnancy week 36. While that may not seem very exciting, keep in mind that this is his primary job from now until delivery. This is probably the one time in your baby's life where he they can put on pounds with wild abandon.

Did you know that some researchers believe your baby actually releases a signal to trigger labor? There are several theories. Some believe that when your baby's brain is completely mature, it sends a signal to the fetal adrenal glands. These glands then start to secrete the hormone cortisol, which may alter the metabolism of estrogen and progesterone, resulting in labor.

Other researchers have postulated that the fetal lungs secrete signals indicating they are mature, as well as enzymes that result in the release of prostaglandins, which help the cervix ripen and help the uterus to contract. This is highly likely as the body does release prostaglandins around the time of birth.

Your Growth and Development
You may think you simply can't get any bigger at 36 weeks, but don't forget you still have four weeks of growing left! Some women may even have a little bit more!

The capacity of the uterus and abdomen to stretch during pregnancy is truly a remarkable phenomenon. At no other time will the body transform at such a rapid rate than during pregnancy. Amazingly that, while it takes nine months for the uterus to stretch to many times its normal size (from the size of a small pear to beign able to hold a seven pound baby), by your six week checkup your uterus will already be back to its normal pre-pregnancy size already.

0 comments on "36 weeks! (3-17-11)"

Post a Comment

 

My Pregnancy Blog Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez